Labels

Friday, April 15, 2016

Jalapeno Bagles


We did a bit of an impromptu cooking time after school today. Fred read a story at school and it included a recipe. I love things like that, I always try a recipe that comes with a book. That's where I got my pineapple chutney recipe, I can't remember the book but I still love the recipe.
Anyway, I made the dough then Fred and I finished the bagels after he came home from school.


Here is the book on video. 


The recipe is:

the rest of the instructions are: 

Roll each piece of dough on a table to form long cigar like shapes. Then for each 12 pieces, connect the two ends by overlapping them about 3/4 inches and rolling the ends together to make a ring shape. Make sure each joint is secure or it will come apart while boiling.
Place on a baking sheet and cover with a damp towel and let rise for and hour and a half in a warm spot. 
In a large pot bring 2 gallons of water to a rolling boil. Place bagels in boiling water and boil 15 to 30 seconds, remove with a slotted spoon and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.



















Fred enjoyed his bagel with cream cheese. I think we are also going to have to try Chango Bars from this story too.





I did find Mrs. Smith's 2nd Grade Class and their page has a lot of other stories listed and recipes that go with them. 

Thanks for reading, 
Fred's Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment